08 Nov What’s Next?
Special Message from Laura Becker-Lewke
Today is Orphan Sunday. People around the globe are praying for the world’s 153 million orphans and abandoned children.
The numbers are staggering and can leave us feeling helpless. But if you can help change the outcome of just one story, that’s huge.
Over the past 30 days leading up to today — Orphan Sunday — the stories you’ve read have helped you know some of the children as unique and precious boys and girls, not just statistics. You’ve walked with us, laughed with us, cried with us, and had rare vulnerable insights into the work we do every day.
Orphan Sunday is about informing, inspiring, and challenging God’s people to act. So what now?
If God has broken your heart over the orphans and vulnerable children, but it seems overwhelming, we have listed, below, a few ways you can make a difference:
- Continue to pray. Don’t limit your prayers to these 30 days! Consider joining our team to pray for Hope each Friday from noon to 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Please contact email@example.com to get the Zoom link.
- Share your prayer request and praises so that we can pray for you. Our Hope family is important to us and we want to get to know you better. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stay connected. If you’re not getting all of our emails or occasional mailings, please contact email@example.com.
- Introduce us to others—family members, friends, neighbors, study group, church leadership. Our team in Brazil depends on it to carry out their transformational ministry.
- Join our live Interactive Experiences. Visit our campuses via Zoom, or join a Zoom birthday party with our kids in Brazil! It’s an easy way for an individual – or a whole group – to learn more about our kids and the work we do. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Support us financially. You can donate on our website (hopeunlimited.org) or contact email@example.com for more options.
Finally, before the day is over, consider joining God’s people around the world spending time in prayer for orphans and vulnerable children.
We encourage you to prayerfully watch this short video.
Make no mistake: you can change world. You can change the word — for Emily, and Daniel, and Juliana.
In His Hope,
Laura Becker-Lewke, Executive Director – US Operations
For Philip, Corenne, the children in Brazil, and the entire Hope team